Kick The Tyres is able to safely operate under Alert Level 3 from Tuesday 28th April 2020.
While at Alert Level 3 the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff and community remains our highest priority. We are following the Ministry of Health’s guidelines and have implemented stringent measures to ensure everyone stays safe.
Strict controls on visiting our premises:
- On arrival, park your vehicle at the workshop door. Please ensure all rubbish and other items are removed from the vehicle. We are unable to proceed with the inspection if there are any loose items of any nature inside the vehicle – this includes the boot, glovebox or any other compartments or storage spaces.
- Place the vehicle key and remote only (no keyrings or other keys please) in the container on the left hand side of the workshop door. We will come to meet you and you can ask any further questions at this time. Please note that we are unable to open our reception waiting area.
- We will put on a new pair of gloves and a facemask. We will then use a sanitizing spray to clean the key before starting the vehicle inspection.
Strict controls on contactless pickup and delivery:
For the period of alert level 3 Kick The Tyres can pick up and deliver your vehicle, for free, within the Christchurch City limits.
- The vehicle must be parked in a space easily accessible by us.
- The vehicle must be clear of all rubbish and other loose We are unable to proceed with the inspection if there are any loose items of any nature inside the vehicle – this includes the boot, glovebox or any other compartments or storage spaces.
- Please leave the key in the vehicle ready for us. Please ensure that only the key and remote only are provided – no keyrings or other keys please.
- We will then put on a fresh pair of gloves and will put a removable cover over the driver’s seat. We will then drive (with gloves still on) back to our workshop to complete the inspection.
- When returning the vehicle to you we will park it in an appropriate spot, remove the seat cover and will use a sanitize spray to wipe down the steering wheel, gear lever, handbrake, indicator and wiper switches and any touch points on the drivers door. We will leave the key in the ignition.
- We are unable to print out paper copies of the inspection for you during Level 3. A copy will be emailed to you instead. We will call you to talk you through the inspection results at a time that suits you.
Strict controls on working with customers vehicles:
- A new pair of gloves will be worn when working inside and outside the customer’s vehicle.
- A mask will be worn when working inside the vehicle.
- Removable seat covers will be used for when we sit inside the vehicle and will be washed and sanitised between vehicles.
- All vehicle touch points will be disinfected before handing it back to you. This includes keys, outside door handles, drivers inside door handle, steering wheel, indicator switch, wiper control switch, gear lever, handbrake, driver’s seat belt and buckle, window control switches and bonnet release cable.
We are a 100% locally owned company, so like you, our business and our people are feeling the impact. It is times like these that we all need to work together and support each other, like Kiwis do when times get tough. We look forward to being able to help you with your vehicle requirements.